Frequently Asked Questions
When is Ashcombe Maze Open?
Ashcombe Maze is open from 9am – 5pm every day of the year except Christmas Day
How much time should I spend at Ashcombe Maze?
We recommend you allow at least 1.5 hours to explore the gardens, and longer if you are having lunch. However there is no time limit on entry so you can relax and enjoy the gardens all day!
When is the best time of year to visit Ashcombe Maze?
- The Gardens are designed to offer something different at all times of the year.
- The Hedge Maze is green throughout the entire year
- The Lavender Labyrinth is in flower ALL YEAR, while the Lavender display gardens flower mainly in the Spring, Summer and Autumn
- The rose flowers are in bloom during Spring, Summer and Autumn
- The Woodland canopy changes according to season. For example, in late winter you will see conifer and spruce trees that are normally hidden at other times of the year with a carpet of more than 2 million bluebells under planted.
Does admission to Ashcombe Maze include the Lavender Gardens?
Yes, the admission covers the hedge maze, lavender labyrinth, the rose maze and all display gardens. It also includes a map of the gardens showing the Garden Discovery Trail, and Gnome & Fairy Hunt activity sheets for ‘children’ of all ages.
Do I need to make a booking?
Bookings are not needed to visit the gardens. However, groups of 10 or more will receive a discount on entry if booked more than 24 hours before their visit.
Is there a café at Ashcombe Maze?
Yes – we have a fully licensed café with indoor seating for 50 people and additional seating on the outdoor deck.
Can I bring a picnic or have a BBQ at Ashcombe Maze?
In the best interests of our long established gardens, we do not allow visitors to picnic or BBQ in the grounds. Please visit Arthurs Seat, Flinders Beach, Balnarring or Dromana for these activities.
15 Shoreham Road, Shoreham VIC 3916
Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Open Wed - Sun 10am to 5pm
Closed Mon - Tues
Phone: 03 5989 8387